RE: Friendly Halloween Warning
If you care about the safety of your family, read this
and pass it on. This was verified by my independent lab study in
A rare botanical disease has infested this year’s
pumpkin crop in New England. The virus is called squash mosaic Como
virus and once it infects a pumpkin it poisons the seeds inside to the
point where they emit toxic fumes when the pumpkin is cut open. In close
quarters these fumes can cause headaches, nausea, or even cause a person
to black out.
One innocent mom in Vermont became a victim when she
was trying to carve a pumpkin with her children. The fumes got to her
and she passed out, bumping her head on the kitchen table. She remains
hospitalized in a coma as I write this. Her name is Jean Tierney and she
has four young children. Luckily the kids are still too short to have
their faces above the hole in the pumpkin. Please, please pray for her
and pass on this warning.
This is a serious. Make sure you carve your pumpkin
outside this year or at least in an extremely well ventilated area.
Ronda Shoemaker, PHD
University of Vermont